Tuesday, June 30, 2015

ADVANTAGES OF EBOOKS

I ADMIT IT I HAVE BEEN A FAN OF EBOOKS FOR FOURTEEN  YEARS AND LITERALLY HAVE HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS OF EBOOKS ON MY COMPUTER. THE NUMBER OF PAPER BOOKS I HAVE BOUGHT IN THE LAST TEN YEARS I COULD COUNT ON ONE HAND. I HAVE WATCHED THE EBOOK INDUSTRY GROW FROM BEING A NOVELTY TO A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR INDUSTRY.

What I like about ebooks is the convenience. I no longer have to cart a library of paper books around with me whenever I move. My library is conveniently contained on an external hard drive the size of a small paperback. I also like to shop for a new ebook from the comfort of my own home, rather than traipsing all over town visiting various bookshops. I have a huge selection of titles to choose from and when I find the book I want it is delivered to the hard drive of my computer within minutes.
A common complaint about ebooks is that you have to read them on your computer. I don’t find this a problem. My computer screen is well lit and I can adjust the font size to my liking at the press of a button. If I have a lengthy book I simply get a copy printed at a print shop so I can read it lying down if I want to.
Because I am interested in writing, publishing and internet marketing I found titles on these subjects simply were not available at local book stores. Yet there is a wide variety of titles on these subjects available in ebook format. Ebooks have made many more titles available to the public, where as before they would not have seen the light of day.
On the down side, the quality of many ebooks can vary a lot just as with paper books. I have downloaded my share of shoddy books. Ebooks where the marketers have over-hyped and over promised, then under-delivered. The best thing to do if you are thinking of buying a particular title is to do a search for it online and there will most likely be a few reviews for the ebook if it is a good seller. Also send an email to the website selling the ebook and ask how many pages the ebook has. Once you start buying ebooks you will soon get to know which websites have good quality titles.
Ebooks.com has a lot of good quality titles to choose from as does Clickbank. You have to be careful of Clickbank and make sure you read plenty of reviews. I have been caught many a time by buying a sub-standard ebook

No comments:

Post a Comment